Departure

Departure
Sophie, Jack and Dad

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day at the Beach

Hi Honey,

We haven't heard from you in a while. I hope you are well. Today was Sunday and I took the kids to the beach. Well, first we went to Walmart to buy a gate for Jack and a belt for the vacuum, yet something else to fix. I took that monster apart though. It runs really loud now, so I don't know what I did...but it picks stuff up.

Yes, so the beach. As we were already down in Morehead, we went to Atlantic Beach. It was super nice. And I met a few friendly people. This old couple parked right next to me, and we spoke for about five minutes about parking meters and how the police were out to getcha. They were very sweet and funny. They told me this story about a Chrysler 300 that went flying past them (they were going 80mph) in Texas and it was two little old ladies driving. He said he drafted off them for a while and then he couldn't keep up. I have no idea what that had to do with me, but they were sure nice.

There is a little playground for kids on the beach there. They have baby swings that Jack loved...and Sophie was pushing him!! It was funny and he was of course dying laughing at her. They really like each other...it's freaking adorable!! So we played on the swings a lot, and Jack kept taking off crawling full speed towards the water. It's as if he was a crab scrambling for his life back into the ocean. There were a ton of fish in the water too...and not the tiny ones. Big schools of fish!! Sophie was scared to death of the water, no idea where that came from. We had a fun time playing though. It was a beautiful day. Oh, the other person I met was this old lady by the swing. She was sitting there on a bench in the shade. She had come down for her granddaughter's wedding from Boston. Very nice. We talked about real estate and boston and the military. Her granddaughter is in the Air Force and her new husband is a Marine. Her poor family just left her sitting there while they were at the beach. She was in a dress, and they were off doing whatever. I felt bad for her, she was very nice though.

We came home and Dave had taken our trash, and Joe was mowing the lawn. Very nice of them both. They both wish you well!! I spoke to your brother for a bit, David. He is still in NO and not having too much fun. He goes home this week and is looking forward. He's always so great to talk to, just no bullshit which is refreshing.

Then we had the dinner/bath/bed routing. Well now, dinner/bath/video/bed. During your video tonight, I went in to the kitchen for a minute, leaving Sophie watching you alone. When I came back in, she was hugging the tv and kissing you. She said, I love you very much Daddy!!. It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen in my entire life. I came in and asked her what she was doing, and she said I am giving Daddy a hug. I miss him. He will be back in April. He is over the great big ocean, where I go swimming. Did you tell her any of that? She is so smart.

The baby hates the gate. He was like a gorilla pulling on it tonight. But now we are safe!! I am pretty tired. We had a fun day though. I miss you like crazy. I hope to hear from you soon. I am making you a video, I hope you like it!! Goodnight, Baby. Mxx