Departure

Departure
Sophie, Jack and Dad

Friday, September 14, 2007

Getting Ready

It's Friday night. John and I are sitting in his "man room". He is playing his guitar and I am on the computer. I miss him playing...not so much time for it anymore. Suppose I will be missing it even more in the next seven months. It's that song, something about Paris. I remember being pregnant with Sophie, laying on the couch on First Street. John came over one night, and played that song. I thought it was so pretty. Every time he plays it, it reminds me of that night. I want to enjoy every last moment with you, John...I think there should be something profound to say or do...a grand gesture. But there isn't. It's just another moment. Soon you will be gone, and this evening will just be a memory. I love you. xx